While this is a yes or no question, there is definitely not going to be a simple yes or no answer from us. At Dani Blain Real Estate we truly pride ourselves on making sure all of our clients are fully informed before they make one of the biggest financial decisions one can make. The Corona-virus Pandemic has upended nearly everything we once knew as normal – but some things do remain constant, in this case, the things that factor into making the decision to buy a home, remain the same.
For anyone trying to decide if it is the right time to buy, it may be interest rates (currently at an all-time low) that are enticing, or maybe it’s the fact that your home is now your office and your child’s classroom and you just need more space or a space you love. Whatever has led you to scratch your head wondering if now is the time to buy, there are plenty of things that need to be considered – whether we are in the middle of a Global Pandemic or not.
If you are starting at square one and you aren’t sure whether or not your finances are ready for home ownership, here is a great checklist to see if your home buying dreams can soon become a reality. You can also take this simple quiz to make sure you are on the right track and ready to move along in the process. If you are a little further down the road on this journey – maybe you are looking for a new neighborhood or town to call home? Or are you looking to trade-up, so to speak? It will be important to consider the current market trends we are seeing.
Current Trends and Things to Consider:
- We have seen house prices hold steady here in the Central Valley and have even seen a slight increase, despite the uncertainties in our world, due to COVID-19.
- We know that the long term investment into a home you love and can accommodate our new stay-at-home-lives, remains undeniable.
- If you are a first time home buyer, the low interest rates we are seeing make this a great opportunity to get your foot on the property ladder.
- If you currently own a home you are looking to sell, there is a limited housing inventory at the moment and we are seeing properties sell very quickly.
- While low inventory may help sellers – these same constraints will likely add stress to an eager buyer… we encourage you to exercise your patience and let us help you remain on the hunt for a perfect home.
The bottom line is this; everyone has their own unique situation they need to evaluate. If you are a current homeowner, looking to become a first time home buyer, or looking for an investment/rental property, we are here for you. We are ready to help you navigate the next steps in your journey. We all know that the Corona-virus has complicated most, if not all facets of our lives – but rest assured our agents are on standby to help clear up some of the complications as they relate to your real estate needs and help you feel comfortable and confident as we proceed forward with you. Get in touch with us today… just like our motto says, we are in the business of “connecting with people to help them grow one property at a time.”